Saturday, December 15, 2012

Savoring time to paint…my joyful sign

It’s Saturday.

My Pandora station is Edif Piaf.

My house is quiet.

And I finally had time to get my paintbrushes out.

009

I’ve had a few blank old wooden signs my Mom made me at least 6 months ago. I’ve waited to paint them, waiting for the perfect words.

This morning I read this verse and I knew exactly what I wanted to paint.

♥Be joyful always♥   ---1 Thessalonians 5:16

It isn’t always easy. But choosing joy daily is the way to overcome the drudgery of every day life. Try it. I promise it will change you for the better.

Choose joy.♥

[[To make my sign I used my blank, old wooden sign ((made from vintage barn wood)), paint, Modge Podge and glitter.]]

015

 

I painted the words and then let them dry.

016

After the paint dried, I used a paintbrush to apply Modge Podge to the top of each letter. I dusted them all with glitter. And viola! Old wood + glitter + JOY. It just doesn’t get much better than that!

019

 

Ahhh. Painting is good for the soul.

004

 

I hope you have time to paint or do something artful, soothing and crafty today too!

XoXo,

Tiffany

1 comment:

icecreamtomarathon said...

That is beautiful! I love it. You're so talented!!